Thursday, May 22, 2008

Posting #3

Post #3
Chapters 8 & 9
To Kill a Mockingbird

1. End of Chapter 8
Miss Maudie puzzled me. With most of her possessions gone and her beloved yard a shambles, she still took a lively and cordial interest in Jem's and my affairs.

2. This quote shows how despite everything bad that has happened, Miss Maudie still looks on the bright side of things. It also shows how much of an adult Jem and Scout view her, as she still talks to them as if nothing ever happened.

3. I have learned that Miss Maudie is kind of like Jem and Scout's technical aunt. Despite what happens to her, she still talks to them about their lives and how they are doing without asking anything in return. I think that Miss Maudie's relationship will grow with Jem and Scout as the book progresses.

Questions:
1. Do you know anyone like Miss Maudie? What do you consider that person if so?

2. How would feel if your house burnt down and you lost all of your most beloved possessions, in Miss Maudie's case her azaleas.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Comment/Response 3
Questions
1. Not that i can think of, but that would be a very interesting character in my life.
2. I would be devastated. Hopefully i/my parents would have enough fire insurance on the house to try to get a lot of my stuff back.
Quote
I do think that she realize what happened and might even be sad about it. But since she was in the presence of kids she probably didn't want to start crying because it might hurt the kids emotionally.