Monday, February 18, 2008

Death (Chapter 9, Perspective of Jack)

My civilization is perfect. We have meat, and I am leader. Without Ralph, things are a lot easier around here. Why, even Ralph and Piggy came to visit me and eat my meat during the day. Why, me and my hunters have created a civilization that will get us off this island fat and content. Ralph is all about this and that and how we can't do this and why arn't you watching the fire and stuff like that. Here, all we have to do is sit back and relax and wait for someone to see Ralph's fire. I rule supreme here, and there is no one that can contradict what I say. No more Ralph yelling at me to look at the situation, no more Piggy whining about his glasses and everything else we do. Just me sitting in my chair, eating my pig. Why, it seems that the hunters are playing a game with Simon. I guess I'll join in. Kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood. The hunters chant, my chant. Kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood. The pig, we must get the pig. Kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood. Death to the pig. Kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood.The deed is done. The pig is gone. We will now feast. For the death of the pig means meat and life for us.

No comments: